Sunday, September 12, 2010

Family Quarrel

Today we had a little quarrel:

It is Sunday. Thun, who goes to school Mon -Fri, and who goes to "extra school" on Saturday, was supposed to go to "religious school" this morning, on Sunday.

It reminded me of my good mother, who was a Sunday School teacher. It reminded me of those miserable Sunday mornings when I was required to go to Sunday School.

Isn't Monday - Friday enough? Why was I required to go to School on Sundays? Of course, what my Mother was trying to teach at Sunday School (be nice) was more important than what my teachers were trying to teach me at school (algebra!). But forget that.

Anyway, today Poo went to the wat to pray. She dropped into the Sunday School class to see her beloved Thun studying. He wasn't there! Obviously, he was skipping and he had gone to play video games. So, she went to all the internet shops to find him, but he was nowhere to be seen. I was worried - Thun might be lying to us, or he might have been run over by a truck.

Finally, he came home.

Where have you been? we grilled him.

"At the wat."

"But we went to the wat, and saw the class --you weren't there!!!!"

"No," he told us, "you went to the beginners' class, on the 1st floor, but I was at the advanced class, on the 2nd floor."

No comments: