Monday, August 16, 2010

Gangsta Handshake

Tonight I had a good conversation with Thun . . . about the comparative prices of Thailand and America . . . the real shit.

It began with: "Dad, can I borrow your backpack tomorrow?"

"Sure."

"Dad, how much does this backpack cost in America?"

"Cheap -- maybe $17, about 500 Baht."

"REALLY! America is cheap!" chimed Thun.

"Yeah," I said, "America is cheap for things, but not for services, like . . . a boy's haircut . . . $1 in Thailand, but how much in America?" I asked.

"I don't know" opined Thun, honestly.

"About $17 -- 500 Baht -- same as that backpack!"

"Really??" asked Thun. "Dad, I know about America . . . my friend likes to do this -- "

And then Thun grabbed my hand in an old-fashioned handshake, which he slid into a thumbs-up handshake, and then we snapped our fingers, and then he pulled me towards him into a chest-thumpin' gangsta-hug.

"I love you, Dad!" he concluded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

I wanted to share with you a great site I just came across teaching [url=http://www.kravmagabootcamp.com][b]Krav Maga[/b][/url] For All Levels If you guys have seen the Tv Show called Fight Quest you would have seen their chief instructor Ran Nakash there featured on their [url=http://www.kravmagabootcamp.com][b]Krav Maga[/b][/url] episode. Anyways, let me know what you think. Is training via the internet something you would do?


regards

Michael