Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dad, I don't need you

Recently, I have been spending a lot of time with the Rubik's cube. Why?

For two reasons: 1) I have a very gifted student who makes magic with the Rubik's cube. Instead of solving it, he makes creative solutions: for example, every side is the same, except the middle square!

But more importantly: 2) Thun asked me for a Rubik's cube. He said: "Dad, I want a real Rubik's cube, not one of those cheap 30 Baht imitations, because they're hard to manipulate."

OK, so I bought some "real Rubik's cubes" from Toys-R-Us and learned how to solve the damned problem. It is difficult. Finally, I told Thun "OK, now I have your real Rubik's cube, and I can teach you how to solve it."

He said, "Thanks, Dad, but I don't need you as a teacher. My friend can solve it in 58 seconds."

Uh-oh. My record is 4 minutes and 33 seconds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i actually love your writing way, very interesting.
don't quit and keep writing simply because it simply just nicely to look through it.
impatient to read alot more of your content pieces, goodbye!

Anonymous said...

Really fascinating read.

Affordable seo service including submissions and on site optimization (sokmotoroptimering).
[url=http://www.smotop.se/smotopbloggen/]SMOTop[/url]
http://www.smotop.se/smotopbloggen/