Thursday, January 10, 2008

Birthday

Today was my birthday. It was one of my best birthdays.

First, I received a message from my Mom:

Miguelito!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Am thinking of you and feeling such gratitude to have you in my life!!! Much love, Mamacita.

These are the small things that make life enjoyable.

Also, I had told Poo: please, I don't want a big party or celebration, just some peace and quiet, and, of course, my favorite food: spaghetti kee mau!

Excellently, school was out early: we had a Royal visit from the Princess, so afternoon classes were cancelled and lowly teachers like me were told: leave school early so you don't interfere with the festivities! I left at 10:00.

Then I spent the day with my family.

I am missing the country house. I want to buy a bird-feeder there. You know, a glass cylinder full of seeds where the birds perch so we humans can observe them.

"Ridiculous!" said Poo as we took in the morning air.

"Why?" I protested, "it would be so nice to see the birds!"

"You see that?" she pointed to a tree. Upon closer inspection I realized that a branch had a mommy bird and three feeding chicklets.

Poo continued: "that's a Thai-style bird-feeder!"

The spaghetti-kee-mau was delicious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday mr. mick!
my birthday was less than a month ago... i feel utterly old. do you?
haha

lily

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Mr. Mick; good luck in the year to come!

Hope you in the birthday mood when you give us the assignment; please don't make it too difficult....

Kris

mick purcell said...

Thanks Lily, I actually feel pretty young. Maybe it's because I act like a 10 year old. Kris, stop reading my blog and study instead!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Mr Mick

From the graduating class of 2008! Oh wait... that's this year! Woohoo!